Above: Winter Boater, Chesapeake Bay, early 1960’s
My Dad’s eyes must have popped out of his head the first time he saw the Chesapeake Bay. The fisherman from the North Carolina farmlands had finally found his fishing grounds between the Eastern Shore of Virginia and the Western Shore or Maryland, and it was (figuratively speaking) practically in our backyard.
A lot of slides from the early 1960’s didn’t make it into the Archive Shop the first time around, and so I’m offering some of them as free downloads now. Click on an image in the Free Downloads section that intrigues you and learn how you can quickly download the digital file. There will be more in future posts.
Also: Shop Vintage Virginia in the Archive
- “Communion: Celebration or Confession?” Trinity Methodist Church, Alexandria, Virginia, 1969
- A study in scarlet and pink, Alexandria, Virginia, 1969
- After the barbecue 1, Arlington, Virginia, 1968
- After the barbecue 2, Arlington, Virginia, 1968
- After the funeral 1, Alexandria, Virginia, 1969
- After the funeral 2, Alexandria, Virginia, 1969
- Alpha Gamma Rho reunion, 3-7-70
- ANNE’S NEW MONTE CARLO, NORFOLK, VIRGINIA, DECEMBER 24, 1976
- At the church cornerstone, Trinity Methodist Church, Alexandria, Virginia, c.1967
- Birthday cake in the den converted from a garage, Norfolk, Virginia, 1960’s
- Bumble bee approaching white azalea, Alexandria, Virginia, c 1964
- Chesapeake Bay fisherman at home with his catch, Alexandria, Virginia, early 1960’s